A month ago, dryyellowsoul from creativenerd was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster award. Sadly, I decided not to do awards sometime ago but the challenge was too interesting to pass up! 😉 The task is to state eleven random facts about myself and also answer eleven questions that the blogger has framed. I also remember doing the same challenge three years ago, so I’m naming this part 2 😉 You can find the part 1 here.
Now onto 11 random things about myself.
1. I talk. A lot. I’m a HUGE talker. Especially after I get to know you, there is no stopping me 😀 Not serious stuff though, I tend to bend towards the lighter side. So I talk loads and laugh hard!
2. I like to be addressed by my name. That is, I like “Thank you, Pearlyn” better than “Thank you”. I feel it is even better than “Thank you dear” or “Thank you ma”. (ma is a term of endearment in our local language)
3. I’m a poor eater! Only my close friends know this and none of the others are going to believe this when they read it 😛 But yes, I’m a poor and fussy eater. Hey, appearances are deceptive 😉 But I try not to show it in public or when we are guests somewhere. I will happily eat what is offered 🙂
4. In some groups of friends, I am one big laughing stock! And I have learnt to enjoy it! 😉 This is an improvement because I wasn’t this easy going few years ago. For eg, as I said I’m a poor eater but not many know that. So I’m usually teased by being asked, “How are we going to find all the food you’ll need” or “Is that enough? You want some more?” and so on. I don’t let my feelings hurt by that, I play along 😉 “Oh yes, how can this ever be enough for me?!” is so much better than “That is so mean of you!” , right? 🙂 Besides, I know my friends don’t mean to hurt me.
5. I have a new found love for stage acting. I wish to be part of a theatrical play and also a movie 😉
6. I love taking long walks especially in a non crowded environment. Just me and my thoughts.
7. I’ve always imagined myself winning an award someday, you know, walking up to the stage, accepting the honour, thanking all those who encouraged me, wouldn’t that be great 😀
8. I wish to meet Rahul Dravid someday! Not just meet, get an autograph and whiz off but to have a conversation over tea or lunch maybe 😉 🙂 That man inspires me so much!
9. I love music, but I am not very good with instruments. Actually, I’m pretty bad. I guess I’m not particularly skilled in that area and I feel I don’t have the patience either. I have experiences to back up this point of mine. But I have huge admiration for those who do play instruments.
10. I possess a very prominent set of canine teeth(cuspids) that sit out and above the rest. Dentists advised me to use braces to put them in but I’ve had people telling me they make me look good and I kind of feel the same too 🙂 So I decided to keep them as they are. The unique thing is many have prominent cuspids on the upper jaw, but very few on both the upper and lower jaw, I do 🙂 It also makes it practically impossible for me to smile with lips pursed because they are going to peep out anyway! 😀
11. I am a nocturnal being. I’m trying so hard to become a morning person.
Below are the questions from creativenerd and my respective answers.
1. Which word best describes you? I am too many things in one single person! I don’t know how a single word could describe me. Let me see. “Alloy” maybe? 😛 The question is open to my readers. Do comment below what you think describes me!
2. Your favourite author and book? I haven’t really found that ONE book that I can call my absolute favourite. As of now I would say “Deception Point” by Dan Brown. It was a gripping read.
3. First thing you would grab in case of an earthquake. Just yesterday I was telling my mom how terrified I would be if I were to experience an earthquake! My heart goes out to those in Nepal and the northern parts of India right now. What would I grab? Most likely, I’ll just run for my life. If I am calm enough then I’ll probably grab the “Memorabilia” file from my cupboard.
4. Which city in the world would you like to live in? Trichy (Tamilnadu, India)
5. Your favourite workout? Dance!
6. Which app do you use most often on your phone? Err.. WhatsApp
7. Your favourite colour and why? Teal! It’s just so pleasant and beachy and nice ❤
8. Who introduced you to wordpress? My aunt Dorcas. She blogs at Escape Route.
9. What’s your dream profession? To be a columnist or have a job at the embassy! This embassy job is a wild and bizarre dream of mine!
10. Your current fav song. I like the question. My “current” favourite song. Because our favourites keep changing! Right now it is “The Words I would say” by “Sidewalk Prophets”.
That was fun 🙂 Thank you creativenerd!